Friday, February 10, 2012

Lego Jedi Valentine

I love Pinterest! You can find some really great ideas, including lots of clever ideas for crafts and printables, including lots of Valentine inspiration. I think this is where I saw a Light Saber Valentine from the Brassy Apple blog. What a cute and clever idea to use a glow stick bracelet for the light saber! LOVE! This inspired me to make own interpretation for my son to give away to his classmates. He loves Star Wars and all things Lego so I made one for him with a Luke Skywalker Lego minifigure.

Here's my version:


 Here's how I made it:
I took a photo of his Luke Skywalker Lego minifigure with just the handle of the light saber in his hand.


Hmm, yeah, bad lighting. I opened up that image and messed with the levels and curves in Photoshop to make Luke a little brighter. Then I created a mask layer and started masking out the background.




Then I typed out the Valentine message using the font Star Jedi Special Edition. (This is a freeware font you can find here.) I made sure I left enough white space above the light saber handle for the glow stick.




Then I duplicated everything to fill the page.
 Then, I printed the page on white cardstock and cut them apart. I cut a small inverted T above the light saber handle (or you could use a hole punch, but mine wouldn't reach that far into the page.)

Then I flipped over the card, and folded back the paper to create a triangle shape hole. 

Then I inserted the glow bracelet into the hole. 

 And then I taped the glue stick to the card.


 And then that's it! If you know you're way around Photoshop and have a Lego fan at your house, it's easy to make your own! May the force be with you! ;)






7 comments:

  1. totally and completely cute!!! I love that you put your own spin on it! thanks for sharing, linking me and letting me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) you're welcome and thanks for your clever inspiration!

      Delete
  2. so cute!! I think this would make a pretty awesome birthday card for my husband, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just purchased a bunch of glow stick bracelets at target for a dollar! Perfect! Now I just need a kid to send them to school with! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO making these next year for our oldest DS! Thanks for the idea:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this, i know my son will too!

    ReplyDelete